Worship is the primary means of expressing our love of the creating and redeeming God expressed in the Holy Trinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
10:30 a.m. – Worship style is traditional Protestant worship with hymn singing mixed with contemporary music, communal and private prayers, and a reading of Scripture from the Bible and a sermon relating the Word of God to our daily lives. While traditional in structure, it is warm and welcoming, with time for little children to share a story with Pastor Ashley.
- A nursery is provided with a professional nursery director and volunteers. As a part of the United Methodist Church, we practice what we call “Safe Sanctuaries,” which ensures the protection of all children in the church from any form of abuse. Parents are always welcome to visit the nursery at any time.
- Children are also welcome in worship. Coloring and activity pages relating to the theme of the day are provided to keep hands and minds active.
- We celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month. Methodists practice what we call an “open table.” All are invited to partake as you feel comfortable. Membership in the United Methodist Church or the Asbury congregation is not required. Receive the bread and wine (we serve grape juice), knowing that they are expressions of God’s love and forgiveness.
- Handicap and visitor parking are clearly marked and available immediately next to the main entrance to the sanctuary.
- There is no dress code! Some folks feel comfortable dressed up, and some folks feel comfortable dressed casually. We have both, and everything in between.
- Hearing Help – Some of our congregation and visitors have a hearing disability. We have hearing assist devices available for those who do. Just ask one of the greeters and we will be glad to accommodate your needs.
- Safety and Security – Trained members who provide safety and security for worship and Sunday School.